They’re relegated to weddings, but a food station party would be a blast! Invite 20 people who don’t really know each other. If you don’t have a large, open space, don’t even worry about it. Have two stations in the kitchen, two in the dining room, two in the kitchen. Throw a tablecloth over your bed and dresser and have one in the bedroom!
Seems like a lot of work, doesn’t it? But you don’t want to cater. That’s exactly where we come in. Here are 8 ideas for food stations using MagicKitchen.com food and your own unique serving dishes and decorating skills. A great thing to buy are those little dixie-size cups they use in the Costco stores. Or go to a dollar store and buy a bunch of small inexpensive dishes. Get some of your best friends to man the food stations.
- Seafood station: Slices of Bad Boy Shrimp Burrito, bites of Scallops Sancerre or Pan Seared Tiger Prawns, Crab Cakes and little cups of Baby Clams With Linguini Marinara.
- Vegetarian station: Slices of warm Fire-Roasted Vegetables en Croûte, Potato & Cheese Pierogies, cups of hearty Vegetable Stew, Eggplant Parmigiana
and slices of Gourmet Artisan Flatbread with Kalamata Olives will ensure everyone will visit this station.
- Soup Station: Hot cups of soup will be extremely popular, and people can pick from Broccoli, Mushroom & Zucchini Soup, Chicken Rice Soup , Seafood Medley , Vegetable Barley Beef Soup, or Many Bean Soup.
- Pasta Station: Lots of hot gourmet pastas. Yum. Cheese Tortellini with Mediterranean Sauce, Portabella/Shiitake Mushroom Ravioli, Shrimp Fettucini Alfredo, Spinach Mushroom Lasagna With Light Pesto Sauce, or Vegetable Lasagna.
- Carving station: Serve our Beef Short Rib Roast or Roasted Turkey Breast and carve off tender slices.
- Meat Station: Beef With Bordelaise Sauce, Osso Buco , BBQ Baby Back Ribs and have a couple of potato dishes to round it out.
- Stuffed Foods Station: Foods in puff pastry, so delicate and flavorful! Filet of Beef En Croûte Wellington , Chicken Breast Da Vinci , Chicken Wellington, Turkey Breast En Croute . Add some chicken stuffed with delights: Chicken Breast Montrachet , Apple Almond Stuffed Chicken Leg.
- Dessert Station… you didn’t think I’d forget this, did you? Chocolate Cake, Double Fudge Brownie , Dutch Apple Pie , Gourmet Cupcakes, Madeleines Dipped in Chocolate, Creamy Panna Cotta, Ricotta Cheesecake, Handmade Rugulach Pastries, Tiramisu . Oh my.
If you have this party… make room for me, will you?
Melody, MagicKitchen.com blogger