Two methods as usual, on menu and off menu. This is a scrumptious salad that you can stuff into a pita. I even supply a video by The Frugal Chef on making your own pita, for those ambitious enough.
1. on menu:
Roasted Turkey Breast – weigh out six ounces and dice into one-inch chunks
2. Off menu- take a boneless, skinless turkey breast and cook it your favorite way. Weigh out six ounces and dice into one-inch chunks
tomatoes – 2, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
Cucumber – 1, seeded, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
sweet onion like vidalia – 1/4 of an onion, diced fine.
sweet bell pepper, your choice of color – 1/2 the pepper, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
feta cheese – 4 ounces, cubed or crumbled
Pita halves if desired.
Toss the ingredients together in a large bowl. Add dressing (recipe below) and serve immediately, stuffed into pita halves if you like.
* 3 tablespoons and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
* 1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
In a container, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, basil, pepper, salt, onion powder, and Dijon-style mustard. Pour in the vinegar, and mix vigorously until well blended.
If you want to be really ambitious, make your own pita bread!
Melody, MagicKitchen.com blogger